Many thanks for your interest in a place at St Hugh’s Catholic Primary School. We are delighted that you are considering our school for your child’s education and will help in any way we can to support potential parents through the process and decision making. We are an extremely successful, popular, outstanding Catholic Primary School with an aim to provide your child with the very best Catholic education. Our recent outcomes for pupils attainment and progress are well above average and place us as a high-performing school.
Our three Outstanding feeder schools are Blessed Thomas Holford College, Loreto Grammar School and St Ambrose College. Children attending our school get priority for entry in Y7 at these schools. Please do take a look at our website for a ‘glimpse’ of our happy and caring school. We provide opportunities for parents to visit our school to see for themselves the outstanding behaviour of our pupils alongside the quality of education on offer.
Places are offered using our oversubscription criteria which can be found within our latest admissions policies below. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact our school office on 0161 962 1852 or by using our dedicated admissions email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
St Hugh's Catholic Primary School video
St Hugh’s Catholic Primary School is a Roman Catholic Voluntary Aided school, situated in the Diocese of Shrewsbury and is maintained by Trafford Local Authority. Admissions to the school are the responsibility of the Governing Body, in accordance with the stated parental preference, subject to the following set of Admission criteria forming a priority order where there are more applications for admission than the school has places available. The Governing Body has set its admission number at 90. Our detailed admissions policies can be found on the school website.
- Prospectus 2020.21
- Holiday list 20.21
- Swans@play brochure
- PTA Intro for Intake 2020
- St Hugh's EYFS Nursery booklet
- St Hugh's EYFS Reception booklet
- Videos of EYFS Staff
- Free School Meals letter
Nursery Admissions for the 2021/22 School Year:
Reception Admissions for the 2021/22 School Year:
If you would like to apply for a place in our Reception class for September 2021, please find below further information including a link to our supplementary information form and admissions policy. We ask that any parent interested in a place in school completes the supplementary information form and other relevant documentation by email to email@example.com Further information can be found below in the Reception letter to prospective parents. Please be aware that all applications for places MUST be made through Trafford Local Authority, even if a supplementary information form has been completed. The main website for Trafford applications can be found by following this link: https://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/schools/school-admissions/admissions.aspx
- Reception letter to prospective parents
- Admissions Policy 2021/22
- Reception Supplementary Information Form
- Guidance notes
- School admissions login
If you would like to apply for a place within an academic year, then please do not hesitate to contact the school office by phone on 0161 962 1852 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
All in-year admissions are dealt with directly by school. A copy of our in-year admissions form will be sent to you for completion. Please find below our admissions policy covering how we co-ordinate in-year admissions. We currently keep waiting lists until the end of each academic year. Parents who require their child to stay on the waiting list for a further academic year, must contact school.
To view our Admissions Policy for 2020-2021, please click here
Current Oversubscription Criteria (detailed policy available on the website)
Where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Catholic looked after and previously looked after children. (see notes 2&3)
- Catholic children who are resident in the parish of St Hugh and St John. (see notes 3&11)
- Catholic children who are resident in other parishes for whom St Hugh’s is the nearest Catholic school. (see notes 3 &11)
- Other Catholic children. (see note 3)
- Other looked after and previously looked after children. (see note 2)
- Catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church. (see notes 4&5)
- Children of other Christian denominations whose membership is evidenced by a minister of religion. (see note 6)
- Children of other faiths whose membership is evidenced by a religious leader. (see note 7)
- Any other children.
Within each of the categories listed above, the following provisions will be applied in the following order.
- The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (1) above (see note 8).
- The children of staff will be given increased priority within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (1) above (see note 10).